Review of: Get Smart Overall Rating: 9.5 A
This film received a roaring audience laugh while mesmerizing us with stunning action sequences. I loved seeing that they got Mel Brooks in as a consultant for the film. The timing and placement of the jokes were impeccable. Wether you are into KAOS or Control I highly recommend watching this movie. I left the theater wanting to watch it again, it will definitely be an owner.
Get Smart is about how Control agent Maxwell Smart (Carrell) is sent on his first mission which is to stop KAOS in their latest plot for world domination. Agent 99 (Hathaway) is sent with him to keep Maxwell Smart out of trouble.
- Made me laugh a lot
- Had exciting action sequences
- There was a delightful balance between action and comedy where one was not favored above the other.
- The storyline moved at a beautiful pace, Cheers!!!!
- They used some of the classic lines from Get Smart but did so in a tasteful and appropriate manner that made sense within the film.
- As one who grew up watching Get Smart I really enjoyed all of the homage moments to the TV show.
- There was a nice morality touch where we were reminded that villains are people too and not all of them were defeated by by shooting them.
- Bad guys are people too. They are what they do not who they are.
- There were no superfluous parts put into the film. Everything that was in had an important part to the story.
- Steve Carell was hilarious without being shticky
- Anne Hathaway was in the movie to be more than the Hot Chick and was a well rounded character
- Dwane Johnson was hilarious and more than the stereotypical action hero.
Dislikes / Concerns
- more of a concern but the fat jokes left me feeling a little weird mainly because at the beginning they were not done well and weren't very funny but there were other scenes that were very tasteful and hilarious.
- There was a weird audio moment at the beginning of the dance scene. I don't know if they just screwed up in cutting the sound or if it was intentional but I found it very irritating. If it was intentional I think the movie companies should give us a discount for an intentionally broken product.
- a villains twist was a little predictable but not too obvious.
Get your copy of Get Smart
Don't wait. Guarantee your seat before you go and avoid a sold out show. Skip the box office lines and buy movie tickets at Fandango.com.