Oh, please let Captain Jack return in all his glory. We, the fans need this.
I want to get excited, but… well… the seasons have gotten shorter, and the episodes are few and far between. I feel like they are just milking money out of me, and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it.
Of course I want to see the new shows, but I am almost at the point where I will just wait for them to be put up on Netflix. (Sigh) I love the show, but their release plan is getting ridiculous.
Trailer for the Second Half of Series 6
The second 1/2 of the sixth series of Doctor Who is approaching soon bringing up the question what should we expect?
6 - 8 "Let's Kill Hitler" 27 August 2011 (US)
Synopsis: In the desperate search for Melody Pond, the TARDIS crash lands in 1930s Berlin, bringing the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler. The Doctor must teach his adversaries that time travel has responsibilities – and in so doing, learns a harsh lesson in the cruelest warfare of all.
I wonder if this will touch back on why the Doctor must have rules.
6 - 9 "Night Terrors"
it is set in the modern day and is called ‘Night Terrors’ and centres on a little boy who has a fear of something.
Could we see a return of the Dream Lord?
6 - 10 "The Girl Who Waited"
Some have suggested that this episode will go back to the events from Matt Smith's first adventure with Amy I don't agree.
This will have more to do with River Song as the girl who waited.
6 - 11 "The God Complex"
Walliams is to play an alien called Gibbis, and the story is perhaps one of the creepiest looking of the series. It all takes place in a hotel
I love the look of the monsters from the trailer and can't wait to see them.
6 - 12 "Untilted"
... sees the return of James Corden as Craig Owens, who shared a flat with the doctor in last years episode ‘The Lodger.’
I wonder if this will also bring the return of "The Silence". I feel we have not seen the end of them and how the Doctor will avoid his death.
6 - 13 "Untilted"
Detailes have not been leaked for this episode yet but maybe this is where we find out that the Doctor is really in the space suit and who was shot was actually the Dream Lord aka The Valeyard. I'm still waiting to see the return of The Valeyard who if they stay true to Doctor Lore we know happened during his 11th regeneration which is the Matt Smith Doctor.
Blastrhas a story about a guy who is suing the BBC claiming that he created Davros, the creator of the Daleks when he was 13 back in 1972.
Honestly, I don't even care if this is true. If you waited 39 years to sue, you gave up the right to bitch 39 years ago. Doctor Who is not an obscure series, and you should have known that this happened. Get over it.
When I was a kid, I created a character named Nightwing, who was a superhero that looked a lot like the Nightwing that DC comic eventually released, should I sue them? Even if I had a reason to believe that they knew about my drawing, I lost my right to sue decades ago.
If this is true, give the guy credit, and get on with life. He lost his right to money a long time ago.
I had a lot of fun watching Doctor Who episode Vincent and the Doctor. It is a great tribute to the artist Vincent van Gogh. What would the experience of the episode be like if I watched the video below before watching the episode?
I found it an amazing experience which spun my perspective from experiencing an adventure with the doctor to an appreciation of a living art exhibit about sight beyond sight.
In honor of seeing life from a different perspective I encourage you to watch the video then watch the Doctor Who episode. Let me know how it changed the experience of the episode for you.
We have found the lost entry for the most feared and dreaded Dalek in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This article was submitted to the guidebook by the most prestigious and prolific researcher known only as The Doctor. Of whom most would be aware of his exploits as documented in a show known as Doctor Who on the insignificant planet Earth. Earth of which you may remember was involved in the strange and twisted events with the Vogon construction project.
We must also send special thanks to our intrepid researcher solidbronze who found the lost entry, watch below.
This is hilarious, being a fan of both Doctor Who and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy this is a perfect blend. I want more now. What about an entry on Cybermen, or Torchwood next.
(via SCI FI Wire)
- Doctor Who: The Masque of Mandragora: Big fan of the Tom Baker years as Doctor Who. I'm so glad to see more of it released on DVD this way fans of the current show can go back and see some of the original episodes that inspired the current show. This also included commentary track by Tom Baker.
- Buy it / Rent it
- More Doctor Who on dashPunk
- Story: Crossing paths with a living energy field called the Mandragora Helix drives the TARDIS to 15th-century Italy, where the Doctor and Sarah get mixed up with an evil cult, royal intrigue and the destructive power of the Helix energy. With Sarah captured by cult members and the Doctor slated for execution, the pair will have to think fast to prevent the Helix from obliterating Earth.
- Dragon Ball: Season Four:Big Dragon Ball fan and for us this is an owner. Warning Dragon Ball is a silly, ridiculous, weird and highly addictive show best described as high fantasy version of WWF wresteling. I used to think Dragon Ball and Z was dumb then Eric got the season one box set. He sat me down and after a couple of episodes I converted and had to see more.
- Buy it / Rent it
- Story: A new breed of evil - more powerful than anything ever experienced - is taking the world's greatest martial artists down for the count. Goku is quick to join the fight, but he's about to meet his match in the form of King Piccolo. This menacing monster has the power to pulverize the planet, and his murderous rampage will not stop until he controls the power of the seven magic Dragon Balls. When Krillin is the first hero cut down by the monster's minion, the stage is set for a brutal grudge match between Goku and Piccolo. Earth's greatest champion vows to avenge the loss of his best friend, but first, he must journey to Korin Tower on a quest for the Ultra Divine Water: a magical elixir that could give him the strength to save humanity - or send him straight to the grave!
- Hamlet (2009): Classic Shakespeare tale that has been told in movie form many times before. This version stands out for the cast, production company and filming location. With David Tennant starring as Hamlet and Patrick Stewart as uncle Claudius that makes it a must see for me. Add to it this is a the Royal Shakespeare Company film meaning that the accents will be correct. This version of Hamlet is also filmed on location adding to the depth of the performance with real setting.
I've been trying to find a way to honor Ten and his years after "The End of Time", and this felt like a nice way of doing it. Hopefully, I've made him justice.
This vid is a fun nostalgic return to the adventures of the 10th Doctor Who. The use of Come Sail Away was a good touch to help set the mood. The vid features many of the Doctors companions: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Sarah Jones, Captain Jack, Jenny and even River Song.
He had such favorable reactions (MUCH love for everyone who commented! Seriously, I can't thank you enough) and I just loved him so much in it that I couldn't just cut him. And, in fact, this turned out to be a very good decision once I managed to figure out an ending for his "B plot", which made a pretty good ending for the vid itself… when the Doc regenerates, his older self isn't gone, he just stays home and watches his current self on the TV. ;)
di0br uses Christopher Eccleston the 9th doctor to knit together all of the other parts of the video. Setting him as someone watching the other vids on a TV flipping channels as a transition between songs. I would have loved to see a moment when Eccleston changed the channel and had Tennant telling him not to blink.
At 7 minutes long it seems long at first but worth watching. The length works as a tribute vid. I would like to see some of the parts made into individual vids themselves.
- “It's the end of the world as we know it” would make a fun vid there are so many scenes to pull from in addition to the ones feature here.
- "Bohemian rhapsody" the use of it with clips from Human Nature was brilliant. I would love to see it expanded to a full vid in itself adding clips from Utopia as well. The anguish of the Master before he is let go would add an interesting element and pull the two events together through the watches.
- A Jack Tubthumping vid just writes it’s self
- "Sympathy for the devil" I wished this song started with Mr Saxon and want a vid of that featuring Mr Saxon and the Master
- Last but not least "I think I'm a clone now" would make a hilarious vid not only looking at the multiple doctors but also the master when he reproduced himself in The End of Time and also use Jenny the Doctors daughter.
FULL TRACK LIST: "Come sail away" by Styx "Kung Fu fighting" by Carl Douglas "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cyndi Lauper "My humps" by the Black Eyed Peas "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M. "All by myself" by Air Supply [*ahem* OOPS evidently, this song is by Eric Carmen, not Air Supply. HUGE thanks to newwen07 for pointing that out to me ;)] "Bohemian rhapsody" by Queen "F**k you" by Lily Allen "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba "Sympathy for the devil" by the Rolling Stones "Lady in red" by Chris DeBurgh "No rain" by Blind Melon "Time after time" by Cyndi Lauper "I think I'm a clone now" by Weird Al Yankovic "Without me" by Eminem "How far we've come" by Matchbox 20 "Changes" by Butterfly Boucher feat. David Bowie PLUS "Vogue" by Madonna and "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley
The new season of Doctor Who premiers on BBC and BBC America April 17th. The trailers look really good. Watch above.
Steven Moffat is taking over this season which gives me hopes for the season. Watch a video of him talking about the next season.
BBC and iTunes did the smartest and most evil promotion for this season of Doctor Who. They gave out for free a 9 minute long promo clip of Doctor Who. It was a great preview of the new Doctor in action and some set up for his next companion... maybe. This clip helped to put aside my concerns of how well the new doctor would work that I ended up subscribing to the entire season on the spot. The feel was much more of a Peter Davidson Doctor.
[reus name="Doctor Who"]
Here are some Doctor who videos in excitement and anticipation for series 5. New Doctor Who Trailer featuring the Doctor and Amy, watch the video below.
This one was not overly exciting but I liked seeing some of the Doctors more deadly enemies in it.
Series 5 Preview
This was a really neat collection of moments from the upcoming series of Doctor who. In it we get to see a lot of the Doctors adversaries and even see the Doctor fire a gun. I gasped at first which is kind of funny since we don't even get to see what he is firing at. It's not like Batman was shown using a gun.
Is it me or are you also getting a Sylvester McCoy kind of Doctor vibe from Matt Smith?
Then new season of Doctor Who is scheduled to air on BBC America April 17, 2010. This season will start with the Matt Smith doctor with Steven Moffat as the head writer. I can't wait to see how Matt Smith does. I'm expecting a more physically delivered performance from him based on the small sample of him as the Doctor at the end of The End of Time.
Doctor Who By Neil Gaiman
Neil Gaiman is penning an episode for Steven Moffat's Doctor Who. The episode is to air early in Season Six.
-- it's quite possible that I might have written an episode. And if I had, it would originally have been called, 'The House of Nothing,' but it definitely isn't called that any more."
That rocks! I can’t wait to watch the episode.
What do you think the episode could be about with the working title The House of Nothing?
Spider-Woman Enlists With Avengers
Spider-Woman: Marvel announced she will be joining the Avengers team when the comic re-launches as part of their new Heroic Age line up of comics.