Oh, please let Captain Jack return in all his glory. We, the fans need this.
I've been trying to find a way to honor Ten and his years after "The End of Time", and this felt like a nice way of doing it. Hopefully, I've made him justice.
This vid is a fun nostalgic return to the adventures of the 10th Doctor Who. The use of Come Sail Away was a good touch to help set the mood. The vid features many of the Doctors companions: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Sarah Jones, Captain Jack, Jenny and even River Song.
He had such favorable reactions (MUCH love for everyone who commented! Seriously, I can't thank you enough) and I just loved him so much in it that I couldn't just cut him. And, in fact, this turned out to be a very good decision once I managed to figure out an ending for his "B plot", which made a pretty good ending for the vid itself… when the Doc regenerates, his older self isn't gone, he just stays home and watches his current self on the TV. ;)
di0br uses Christopher Eccleston the 9th doctor to knit together all of the other parts of the video. Setting him as someone watching the other vids on a TV flipping channels as a transition between songs. I would have loved to see a moment when Eccleston changed the channel and had Tennant telling him not to blink.
At 7 minutes long it seems long at first but worth watching. The length works as a tribute vid. I would like to see some of the parts made into individual vids themselves.
- “It's the end of the world as we know it” would make a fun vid there are so many scenes to pull from in addition to the ones feature here.
- "Bohemian rhapsody" the use of it with clips from Human Nature was brilliant. I would love to see it expanded to a full vid in itself adding clips from Utopia as well. The anguish of the Master before he is let go would add an interesting element and pull the two events together through the watches.
- A Jack Tubthumping vid just writes it’s self
- "Sympathy for the devil" I wished this song started with Mr Saxon and want a vid of that featuring Mr Saxon and the Master
- Last but not least "I think I'm a clone now" would make a hilarious vid not only looking at the multiple doctors but also the master when he reproduced himself in The End of Time and also use Jenny the Doctors daughter.
FULL TRACK LIST: "Come sail away" by Styx "Kung Fu fighting" by Carl Douglas "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cyndi Lauper "My humps" by the Black Eyed Peas "It's the end of the world as we know it" by R.E.M. "All by myself" by Air Supply [*ahem* OOPS evidently, this song is by Eric Carmen, not Air Supply. HUGE thanks to newwen07 for pointing that out to me ;)] "Bohemian rhapsody" by Queen "F**k you" by Lily Allen "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba "Sympathy for the devil" by the Rolling Stones "Lady in red" by Chris DeBurgh "No rain" by Blind Melon "Time after time" by Cyndi Lauper "I think I'm a clone now" by Weird Al Yankovic "Without me" by Eminem "How far we've come" by Matchbox 20 "Changes" by Butterfly Boucher feat. David Bowie PLUS "Vogue" by Madonna and "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley
Jack is Bi
Russell T Davies always said that Jack was bisexual. (remember his daughter and grandson) What is more likely is that Fox will trumpet his bisexuality and say he is just interested in a particular girl. That way they can have their cake and eat it too... or should that be Π.
Fox does not have a good track record with GLBT characters.
24 with Aliens
Fox likes comfortable patterns. The biggest threat facing an American Torchwood is that it will be little more than 24 with aliens.
Hopefully, Davies will have some pull with them and keep the series on track, but my hopes are not all that high. Fox loves to muck up scifi shows and break fans hearts. Fan tears are their crack. Be wary of Torchwood until we have proof they didn't naff it up.
OMG! With news of the Doctor's death, Captain Jack has gone crazy! Why, o, why didn't the Doctor marry him!