I finally rented Twilight. It is a horrible move. It can be summed up as awkward, boring, and the worst portrayal of vampires I have ever watched.
If only the project didn't take it's self seriously then Twilight might have made a mildly entertaining vampire spoof movie but unfortunately that was not the intent.
By Emerian Rich
- Read Emerian Rich's full review here:
- Sadly, seeing Twilight was NOT the thrill of a lifetime. In fact, if I didn’t love the books so much, I doubt if I would have stayed.
- The screen writing, or the way the high school students were directed (I can’t tell which) was very Disney sit-com style. I can’t blame the whole cast for this, I just think the styling and direction were lacking somehow. It was almost like they focused only on Bella and Edward and the rest of the cast was an afterthought. Even the scenes where Bella wasn’t with Edward seemed phoned in.
- Overall, this flick will be a must see for all teen girls in love with Edward. It finally gives them a face to fall in love with. As for fans not in love with Robert Pattinson, we’ll have to hope the wolves help pull the second film out of the High School Musical demographic.
The DVD is out March 17, 2009
- Get your copy here Twilight - Movie.
More Twilight Fun
- Why Twilight is Popular Video: a great explanation of the infatuation
- Buffy slays Edward: Real vampires don’t sparkle! video of Buffy slaying Edward
- Twilight, a book to read or not to read: A debate whether to read the book or not.
Twilight will hit theaters Friday November 21, 2008 and unlike many out there I’m not eager to see it.
I started out with mixed emotions over this movie the initial trailer was not that exciting. After watching the Twilight Final Trailer I got a little more excited about this project but mainly because of the vampire element in it. After all I'm a sucker for vampires. The official site looks nice and loads quickly for a movie site.
Then I learned about all of the emo mentality that infused the characters and their perspective and was totally turned off. Sparkeling vampires in the light... wtf.
Twilight is based on the book Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1). I tried to read the book and could not even make it past the beginning part it was horrible. Not very promising for the movie.
This is not even a renter for me.
Let me know what you think. Will you go to see Twilight in the theater or rent it? If you have seen it in the theater should I go see it and why?
Twilight Final Trailer
Netflix lets you rent, watch and return DVDs from home - Try free for 2 weeks
Don't wait. Guarantee your seat before you go and avoid a sold out show. Skip the box office lines and buy movie tickets at Fandango.com.