Exploring The Green Hornet Movie
The trailer is boring due to it's formulaic nature. Insert origin story clip, add action sequences close with some jokes. Please we would like some more creativity in our marketing, how the heck can I get excited about a movie if the trailers bore me.
The story seems to follow the typical superhero start like in Batman Begins. Rich party boy brat has dad murdered and wants to do something now with his life. On the plus side this does kind of work for the Green Hornet. After all he is the sidekick to Kato who is the real superhero.
- Positive: I like the line thinking of Kato as a human swiss army knife.
- Negative: this movie is up against the legacy left behind by Bruce Lee who rules.
- Negative: Seth Rogen, he is not funny and not a good actor
- Negative: Kato shot the missile at the light, that does not bode well for getting characters correct. The Green Hornet would have done that not Kato.
This movie is a superhero film adaptation of the radio and television character The Green Hornet.
Newspaper publisher Britt Reid moonlights as a masked crime fighter called The Green Hornet accompanied by his similarly masked valet, martial arts expert Kato. Despite his heroic intentions, he is considered so disreputable among legitimate law enforcement that he is able to talk casually with known criminals and even do business with them. (Wikipedia)(Official Site)
- Directed by Michel Gondry
- Produced by Neal H. Moritz
- Written by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg
- Starring Seth Rogen, Jay Chou, Christoph Waltz, Cameron Diaz, Edward James Olmos, David Harbour, Analeigh Tipton, Edward Furlong, Tom Wilkinson
- Distributed by Columbia Pictures