Review of Iron Man 2
Overall Rating: 6 out of 10
Iron Man 2 not as bad as Spider Man 3 but falls into same quality category as Electra and Daredevil. It sits on the fence and was focused group to death. If only it would have had a strong story line or just abandoned that and been all action it would have been a much better film. This is a renter.
- Scarlett Johansson stole the show with Black widow she is amazing. Her action scenes were not only great action full of fun gadgets but they bring in an erotic element.
- Samuel L. Jackson was brilliant as Nick fury he rocked.
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko has an interesting character who is worth watching. Rourke's homework paid off I love all of the small nuances he gave to the character.
- Wonder twins power activate: When Iron Man and War Machine would shoot at each other at the same time I laughed and thought "wonder twins power activate
Dislikes / Concerns
- Intro credits were a disappointment. Marvel is known for telling an amazing pre-story in their roll in credits and even the Loosers has an amazing intro it should have been a warning for the movie to follow.
- Slow Intro: the movie was boring and horrible until the fight scene between Iron Man and War Machine at Tony Stark's party
- Effects were a hit and miss probably because it took 8 special effects companies. The whole race car scene was atrocious, the physics were horribly off and many parts looked plastic like.
- Whiplash first fight didn't make sense why didn't the car crush him and when Tony Starks car crashes they had a piece of shrapnel's vector was off flying through his head damaging the car behind him but not effecting him at all, they even have his head hit the pavement which should have killed him but no effect.
- Smashing someone with a car against concrete wall should spill guts especially if repeated. Though Tech Wolf pointed out that maybe Whiplash is actually Omega Red and then it makes sense
- Sam Rockwell complete disappointment
- Robert Downey Jr. appears to have "phoned in" his performance which is sad he is usually a brilliant actor who did not even hold his own in the scene with Samuel L. Jackson.
- The final explosions in the movie looked like fireworks
- Rhodey was a dusche in the movie
- The writing is horrible: the A plot line between Justin Hammer and Tony Stark was weak and should have been a B or C line. Tony Stark's father and Shield should have been the A plot line
- I found the use of Captain American's shield offensive