Everyone shares in a desire to be accepted by their piers, to be beautiful. This creates a lot of pressure to become what others want you to be rather then who you are. Glee episode Home is about finding that recipe for success. What is real beauty? What does it really mean to be beautiful?
Sue Sylvester's Recipe for Success
- Add maple syrup for glucose
- Add a lemon for acid
- Add cayenne pepper (1 tablespoon) to irritate the bowls. For fun there is a BBC article on how Cayenne Pepper Kills Prostate Cancer Cells
- A dash of ipecac (pour in several tablespoons) for a vomiting agent.
- Optional add sand. This modification is thanks to Brittany
This is hilarious drink that makes me think of many of the other diet drinks out there that are just as outlandish but the real message is sharp and true
The amount of crap that we put ourselves through to be acceptable for others consumes us and changes us. Like the drink we become other things but not beautiful:
- Too sweet and empty.
- Too bitter and sour becoming corrosive to everyone around us.
- Too irritable that we burn those closest to us.
- Too volatile that even the smallest interaction causes an explosive situation.
Change yourself to be like what others want you to be... Thankfully Quinn becomes the voice of reason. "If I'm willing to eat right for my baby then why won't I eat right for me?" Do it for yourself.
Be who you are that is how one becomes truly beautiful.
Real Recipe for Success
Mercedes sings it best. Watch the Glee clip of Mercedes singing her cover of Christina Aguilera's song Beautiful above.
When it's hard to breathe, getting insecure from all the pain and shame remember you are beautiful no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down. You are beautiful in every single way.