Out this week we have five DVDs to feature: Ugly Betty: Season 3, Friday the 13th: The Series - The Final Season, 30 Rock - Season Three, National Geographic: Egyptian Secrets of the Afterlife, and Battle for Terra.
- Ugly Betty: Season 3: This is a great modern fantasy tale. Now I can get caught up with season 3, they finally added Ugly Betty to Hulu but they did so mid-season and did not put up the earlier parts. In season 3 Betty tries to maintain sanity in the office, but it's a tough job working alongside dragon lady Wilhelmina, corporate ladder climber Amanda and the acutely dysfunctional Meade clan. Season 4 airs October 9th.
- Friday the 13th: The Series - The Final Season: This was the 80's show that I keep comparing Warehouse 13 to. A must see for Warehouse 13 fans. A long-ago pact with the devil continues to yield grave consequences for the staff of Vendredi's Antiques, as plucky owner Micki, occult expert Jack and handsome Johnny race to find the jinxed relics of Lewis Vendredi. In the third season of the serial horror sensation, the trio tracks down a poison-producing tea set, a painting by the Marquis de Sade, a deadly cross from the Crusades and more.
- Get your copy here from Amazon
- 30 Rock - Season Three: A hilarious comedy full of quotable lines and a must own. With Jack taking a new job at Homeland Security, Liz's decision to have a baby and Tracy's high jinks continuing nonstop, there's no telling what's in store for the gang at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Season 4 airs October 15th
- National Geographic: Egyptian Secrets of the Afterlife: This fascinating Nat Geo documentary explores Egypt's tombs and reveals the ancient beliefs of the afterlife and the perilous passage to resurrection, as renowned archaeologist Dr. Zahi Hawass excavates a mysterious tunnel deep below the earth. Discover the artifacts, drawings and other clues that tell the story of an underworld journey filled with terrifying monsters and fiery lakes as the dead navigate to the other side.
- Battle for Terra: Has an interesting premise where it turns the invading alien theme around and makes humans the invading alien but it was a renter at best for me. When the peace-loving inhabitants of the beautiful planet Terra come under attack from the last surviving members of humanity adrift in an aging spaceship, the stage set for an all-out war between the two races for control of the planet. But will an unlikely friendship between a rebellious young Terran and an injured human pilot somehow convince their leaders that war is not the answer?
Netflix lets you rent, watch and return DVDs from home - Try free for 2 weeks