On Ellie's and Awesome's wedding day, everything has to be perfect. This becomes increasingly difficult when Roark crashes the party wanting the intersect cube. Watch the episode streaming online above.
Chuck Versus the Ring is the best episode of the season. The writers did an amazing job by wrapping up the loose story arcs, while maintaining the tension of and bringing to the forefront the main story arcs for season three. The acting from everyone is just spot on and they even raised the bar on the music front.
The music throughout the series amazed me. In this episode they introduce a new best fight scene to music and get to feature Jeffster’s cover of the “Mr. Roboto” by Styx. I think that Vik Sahay and Scott Krinsky actually sang a cover and did a really good job with it. Their cover starts 14:53 in and below watch the music video of the Styx singing the original.
Do you think Orion is ambidextrous? He wears his cool wrist brace on his left arm operating it with his right hand suggesting that Orion is right handed yet he threw a left hook in a fight with Ted Roark favoring the left hand.
I really enjoyed how they brought the whole Chuck you are a hero motif to an apex in this episode. Throughout this season Chuck wrestles with what it means to be a hero. He learns what it means but still doubts that he is one. His father gives Chuck his final boon and sets him off down the path. Yet even with that Chuck still doubts his own awesomeness, but when the moment comes he makes the hero’s choice and puts together everything he learned from the series.
This episode is the best argument for another season of Chuck. If you haven't already voice your opinion here
- It was just great to watch all of the cast acting so brilliantly in this episode
- Bruce Boxleitner as Awesome’s father ruled.
- Jeffster returns!!! Their singing of "Mr. Roboto" by Styx rocked. I think that should be an MP3 for sale I would have bought it.
- They fill in the Brice storyline
- They fill in the rest of Orion’s storyline
- The advancement of Chuck’s storyline by concluding his questions and concerns from this season and setting him up for next season.
- Best fight sequence to “Mr. Roboto”
- Introduction to the Ring and a brilliant set up for a season 3
- Casey’s facial expressions in the last scene were classic!
- Nice homage to the Matrix.
- This was a minor concern but I did have to stop and justify to myself on how Casey’s team was so easily taken out in the castle.
- “There is no need to curse. You know damn well what I want.”
- “If you don't deliver that Cube within a half hour, 40 minutes tops with traffic...”
- “Kevin, why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?”
- “Hmm, a real shotgun wedding. Just think that terrible pun is the last thing you will ever hear.”
- “Oh chuck me!”
For More on Chuck click here
Get you copy from:
Get your copy of Chuck - The Complete First Season from Amazon here. and Chuck: The Complete Second Season here.
I loved that they revealed Orion having the intersect in his head. It helped to explain how he was able to stay one step ahead of everyone for so long.
It was a nice touch to give Brice an honorable conclusion. First they reveal that he was not the jerk he was originally portrayed to be, that in fact he was working with Orion to help protect Chuck. Even towards the end he did not try to steal Chuck’s girl. I was kind of sad to see him go.
The Ring is brought to the forefront in this episode. First, the name of the episode having a double meaning was not lost on me, I loved it. Fulcrum is revealed to only be a part of the Ring which has different goals from Fulcrum. The Ring also appears to have even better quality spies which should make for a very interesting season three (fingers crossed and letters sent) upping the stakes for Chuck.
To coincide with the added challenge from The Ring , Chuck moved from a hero to a superhero. I love how season 2 was all about Chuck learning how to be a hero and in this episode they move him into being a superhero. He gets Orion’s arm brace allowing him technological access to almost all systems and he gets an intersect upgrade allowing him to pull a Neo from the Matrix. The combat flash was awesome, especially that they finished the scene with chuck giving an homage to the matrix and my most favorite quote of the season: “Guys… I know kung fu.” I hope that season three will open with some kind of scene where a Morpheus type character (ahem… Casey) steps in and asks Chuck to prove it.
Netflix lets you rent, watch and return DVDs from home - Try free for 2 weeks